This post is sponsored by Stella® Cheese but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
With the holidays in full swing it’s time to start thinking holiday parties and ALL THE FOOD!
I mean let’s be serious. One of the best parts of the holiday season is all the delicious food we get to eat and recipes we get to drum up to feed our families! There’s nothing like surrounding yourself with the people you love and enjoying yummy appetizers and amazing foods while spending quality time together.
If you don’t love to eat good food with your friends and family then skip on past this post, but if you do… this one is for you!
Here’s a super easy recipe that I love to use for Christmas parties and NYE get togethers. To spice up the standard potato skins, use Stella Cheeses to fancy them up and make them extra special for your holiday get together!
Let me know if you try it and use it!
Fancy Holiday Potato Skins
6 Large Russet Potatoes
1 small yellow onion
8oz Stella Asiago shredded cheese
1 pack of pre-cooked real bacon crumbles
2 tbl olive oil
3 tbl butter, melted
Sour Cream for serving — optional, but recommended!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes clean and dry with a paper towel and rub the skin of the potatoes with olive oil.
- Dice onion and combine with pre-cooked bacon into a medium pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Cook on medium until soft. Caramelize onions to taste, add salt and pepper as needed.
- Put potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until potatoes are tender. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove the pan and allow potatoes to cool until you can handle them.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the insides, leaving a little bit of potato in the skins.
- Take your melted butter and brush the outside of the potatoes. Place potato halves face-down and return to the oven for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Using a fork or tongs, turn the potatoes over and brush insides with remaining butter. Return to oven and continue bake for another 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the insides of the potato skins with salt and pepper, one spoonful of bacon and caramelized onions, top with Stella Asiago shredded cheese and sprinkle with parsley flakes.
- Return to the oven long enough for the cheese to melt, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and serve. Add a side of sour cream if you prefer, but they taste delicious all on their own!
15 Minute Cooking Instructions
Simply wash and dry your potatoes, rub with olive oil and move them to a microwave safe plate. Cook your potatoes on High for 7-10 minutes, turning your potatoes over once half way through cooking.
Follow the rest of the instructions listed in the oven version. Return to microwave at the end to melt cheese.