*this is not an original recipe, but one I have tweaked to make my own*
Sometimes dinnertime can get boring, but adding these cheeseburger wraps into your weekly (or biweekly) rotation will be sure to spice things up a bit. It’s a twist on a traditional cheeseburger, but a much healthier version!
As mentioned above, this is not an original recipe, but I have tweaked it to make it my own.
You can add different toppings to make it more how you like your traditional cheeseburgers, but this is just what I add! I usually stick with cheese, lettuce and pickles, but you can always add tomato, onion or even mayo! I usually serve these with a side of homemade sweet potato fries too. These are even KID APPROVED. And we all know how hard it is to find a food the whole family will enjoy!
Let me know if you try these and enjoy them — love hearing your guys feedback! Happy cooking! 🙂
Healthy and Simple Cheeseburger Wraps
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Approximately 6
2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey or beef
12 tbsp ketchup
8-10 tbsp mustard (add to personal taste)
2 tbsp minced onion
10 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Low Carb Tortillas
Low-Fat or Fat-Free cheese
1) Brown the ground turkey or beef in a medium frying pan until thoroughly cooked.
2) In a separate bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, minced onion and W-Sauce. Pour over the browned meat and stir well. Make sure all the meat is saturated with the mixture.
3) Lay out a tortilla and portion out a scoop of the mean combination.
4) Place all your toppings on (cheese, pickles, lettuce, etc).
5) Fold tortilla into a “Chipotle style” (folding in sides and rolling so the insides stay put). Toss it into a pan and brown both sides.
6) Cut into halves and serve. 🙂
We usually eat these with a side of sweet potato fries!