Halloween! It’s one of our most favorite times of the year. This year I wanted to come up with a fun new craft for the boys to enjoy and they LOVED this one! I’m always on the hunt for new activities to do with them. They love to do art work, so crafts are usually our go to!
This is probably one of the easier ones we’ve done and I had all the supplies on hand already! If you tend to make crafts regularly with your kids you likely already have all the things you need for this!
Halloween Kids Craft : Spider on a Jar
6 pipe cleaners
1 Mason Jar
1 sheet of construction paper
1) First you want to take your Mason jar and use it as a guide to trace 2 circles onto your piece of construction paper.
2) Cut out the circles and glue them to both sides of your Mason jar.
3) Cut out two small strips about 3/4 the height of your Mason jar. You’ll be using these to attach the spider legs.
4) Once your strips are cut, poke three holes into each strip. Pull your pipe cleaner through each hole in both strips. Fold the corner of the pipe cleaner down so it will be flat against the jar when gluing.
5) Glue your strips / pipe cleaner to the sides of your jar.
6) Final touches, add 2 googley eyes (or more if you’re feeling spooky!) to your spider. You can even cut a small piece of pipe cleaner and make a smile too!
This was one of the easiest crafts we’ve done, but the boys enjoyed it and it became a Halloween decoration for our mantel as well. 🙂